We have lift off

The sickness is gone and I made some serious progress this week. 

For starters, the gallery space has been confirmed for the week of April 28th. Which means I was finally able to take measurements and start planning how many pieces I need to be working on. And let me just say the space is a lot bigger than I thought, but since I still have some time, I think I will still be ok. I also was able to do the photo shoot I needed to complete the project.

I ran into a bit of trouble this week with he printing process, but I think I have a plan for that now too. The original plan was to print on campus in the print lab, but I found out this week that the largest I can do is 5' by 22'' which doesn't have the size impact I was hoping for. After researching, I found out that VistaPrint prints banners that are 8' by 3' much closer to what I had in mind, so I ordered a test print to see how the quality is and see what the next step will be. I hope to have the test print before leaving for spring break next week. The back up plan if this doesn't work (or I can't find somewhere else to print that does better quality at the right size and price) is to change the concept behind the exhibition to that of a more traditional gallery space and not have the large paneling and just print at the school.

For next week, I was planning on taking an actual vacation from everything, but I think I would feel better if I got the panels all made and ready to be printed, so I can send them out or get them sent to the print lab so I have some wiggle room and some error room. I also want to get my show cards reviewed on thursday/ friday by my teacher and advisor and then send them out for printing before I leave for spring break. It's all coming together fast now.

Gallery space

Gallery space

Test panel image

Test panel image